At Halal Food Guru, we review Halal restaurants across Florida so you can dine great on your next trip to the Sunshine State.
Looking for a quick bite to eat in Orlando and feeling like chicken is your protein choice, then this list is for you. There are many fast-food and fast-casual restaurants that offer a great selection of Halal chicken sandwiches. They range from healthy to flat out sinful. In this list, we highlight those Halal restaurants that go above and beyond to serve a great or unique chicken sandwich.
We define a chicken sandwich here as prepared chicken (grilled, breaded, fried) enrolled in a bread product (bun, pita wrap). This way, we can include a wider array of options for the chicken lovers out there visiting Orlando. (click on the restaurant name to link for more detailed reviews too!)
- Kennedy Fried Chicken.Since opening in Orlando about a year ago, Kennedy Fried Chicken has been having great success. They offer the classic American southern style bread crusted fried chicken topped with a cool creamy sauce on a bun. For under $7 with a side of French fries, it makes for a hefty value meal. For tourists, its about 20 minutes away from the theme park hub of Disney, Universal and Seaworld. However, if you’re in the mood for fried chicken that’s not too greasy then Kennedy Fried Chicken is just the spot for you.
- Cozee Café.This is a very trendy cafe and the menu is continuously evolving to suit the taste buds of their customers. They offer various American sandwiches with a modern culinary twist taking inspiration from their Indian and East-African roots. They use fresh ingredients and have several chicken sandwiches on the menu to serve the health-savvy consumers and those looking to break the calorie bank. Their classic Crispy chicken sandwich is a breaded fried white meat chicken served on a toast Kaiser bun. To give it some spicy kick, they add Pepper Jack cheese and buffalo hot sauce. They have a traditional Chicken Tikka wrap for those seeking a grilled version with traditional Indian spices. They also serve a healthy chicken sandwich option which is called the Skinny chicken. It is grilled chicken breast with a slice of cheddar cheese served on thin whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomato and avocado. All these sandwiches come with a choice of fries or salad on the side to complete the meal. Located in Orlando North, it is a little bit of a drive from the tourist attractions, but the service and presentation make it a worthwhile trip.
- Flame Kabob.This restaurant, located off Sandlake Road is amongst many fine-dining establishments of “Restaurant Row”. Their focus is Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern cuisine. They are well known for their wraps and sandwiches. The chicken shawarma and chicken Shish Tawook wrap do not disappoint. One key feature is the tangy white sauce they drizzle in the sandwich giving the freshly grilled chicken an extra tasty kick. The atmosphere and service of the restaurant is great for family looking for a relaxing quiet dinner. They offer both indoor and covered outdoor seating. They are competitively priced and overall good value for the portions of their meals. This family owned restaurant has been in the area for many years and is a definite stop for those looking for healthy meal options especially if you’re staying in the tourist district of Orlando.
- Charcoal Zyka.Located off Interstate 528, Charcoal Zyka is very accessible to locals and visitors alike, especially those visiting I-Drive, Universal Studios or SeaWorld. It is well known for its classic Indian cuisine but has a strong BBQ menu that is unmatched in the area. They have several chicken sandwich combos which are great for lunch or dinner. Taking inspiration from their Indian heritage they offer a Chicken Tikka wrap which is very tender but not too spicy. They also offer a Buffalo Chicken Wrap which has more traditional American flavors and heat profile. They have been in business for several years and their service and consistent quality make them a solid choice to visit in the Orlando Halal restaurant market.
- Melt’d Subs.Recently opened in 2017, Melt’d uses the Subway Sandwich business model. This fast-food location allows you to create your custom sandwich in real-time. They offer a variety of custom chicken flavors pulled from various culinary cultures. You can order Chicken Teriyaki, Chicken Tikka or classic American grilled chicken and add your favorite toppings. Located in a large shopping plaza of a busy intersection not too far from Interstate-528, it is easy to drive to from anywhere in the city. It’s not too far from I-Drive, Universal Studios and SeaWorld for tourist looking for a quick bite to eat for lunch or dinner.
Hope you enjoyed this list and are excited about trying some of the Halal restaurants out on your next trip to Orlando. Agree with our list or feel like a local Halal restaurant didn’t make the list, let us know in the comment section below. Stay tuned for our future top lists!